- Founder and Executive Director, Wendy Sternberg (WS) and GATC have been featured numerous times as a WBEZ/NPR guest on Eight Forty-Eight and Worldview, the BBC,
- Recipient of the Wilmette Rotary Club’s 2008 Frankel Award for fostering cross-cultural understanding worldwide. Rotary International recently named her a Paul Harris Fellow.
- Sternberg was one of 22 people selected worldwide to be part of the Rotary International Peace and Conflict StudiesProgram at Chungalongkorn University in Bangkok (2009)
- GATC provided the keynote address on cross-cultural collaboration for the Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management Summer 2004 Executive Development Program and was selected for the Kellogg Board Fellows Program for 2007-9. Kellogg MBA’s Experiential Learning Externships with Genesis International High School.
- In the Spring of 2007, she presented GATC to the National Conference of Children’s Museums’ Diversity in Action Showcase, (Chicago,) to Consul Generals, Mayors, university deans & students, architects and the media (Casablanca, Morocco) and also to members of Congress, DC-based interest groups and the media at the Alliance for Middle East Peace Conference on Capitol Hill.
- 2007 Publicity Club of Chicago’s Silver Trumpet Award in Issues Management.
- WS on Illinois Arts Council’s Ethnic and Folk Arts Program Advisory Panel for 2006-8.
- Cook County Treasurer, Maria Pappas presented WS with the 2006 Award of Excellence
- WS featured in a cover story by Chicago Jewish News as one of the “10 Jewish Chicagoans of the Year.” (2006)
- Featured in ChicagoMagazine, August 2005 issue
- WS featured as a “Woman to Watch” in Chicago in the January 2004 issue of Today’s Chicago Woman Magazine.
- Nominated in 2004 for Crain’s Chicago Business 40 Under 40 Award.
- GATC’s Co-Presidents delivered the keynote address for the Summer 2004 Hands of Peace cross-cultural teens dialogue program and provided interactive arts workshops.
- She was named Finalist for the 2003 Fourth Annual Susan F. Berkowitz Award for Teaching Tolerance to Children
Al Jazeera, Israeli Radio and UN Radio and also appeared as a guest on CBS, ABC 7 and Channel 5 News Chicago. She and GATC have been the subject of numerous articles from The Chicago Tribune to The LA Times and The Bangkok Post. Sternberg was invited to contribute a piece to the Newsweek-Washington Post joint online blog, On Faith, currently posted. GATC’s humanitarian work is currently profiled on the online blog: Kids for Heroes